SWIFT JUSTICE


How many of you experiences being annoyed, harassed by other drivers on the road?
I have 3 stories that maybe will entertain you.

First of all I have to tell you that I am a slow driver. Many of my friends say that I drive like a grand mom. I think as long as my family is safe, I don’t really care what people say. I know that I did not break any law by driving carefully right?

The first story is when one day I went to an Asian grocery (Yaohan) with my son. Every time I went into a parking lot, I always say a prayer to God asking for a good parking spot! It works every time! I learn this from my mom. So I got the best spot even though that day the parking lot was crowded. Not surprising, when I want to go home, people are fighting for my spot. One candidate was a young man around 25 yrs old. He wanted my spot badly that he did not even give me enough space to back up my car. I bet you have experience this as well…. I have to maneuver my car again and again because he just so scared that if he gave me too much space, someone else might steal my spot from him! It was so annoying of course for me to have to drive my car back and forth again and again just to get out from my parking spot! I know… I know… maybe some of you think I should just stay in my spot and yell at that man to back off! That’s not my style…. Life is full of stressful things; I don’t need to add more to my life. Anyway… I finally get my car out from my spot. Before I even drive forward to get out from the parking lot, that man make a sharp (very sharp!) turn to enter my spot. In fact he turn so sharp, he did not consider the curb! The next thing all of us (witnesses) saw was, his car got stuck on top of the curb! First we were all puzzled, why his car did not move? Then we realized that it couldn’t!

This man was driving a brand new car, sporty looking car that has a very low ground clearance. And he somehow drove it up the curb and since the curb was just wide enough, it completely supports the bottom of the car. And the more he step on his accelerator, it only spins his tires faster and uselessly without actually moving the car anywhere!!! His car just hanging there on the curb! It was hilarious actually; a lot of people in the parking lots were laughing their heads off! I am not sure how he can bring his car back to the ground again from the curb. I did not stay to see and gloat. I went home…..Thinking how much damage that he did to his new car???? The bottom of his car must be full of scratches or worse….

Second story was when my husband drive me to the mall. Again… we met an impatient young man (30 yrs old maybe) who just have to steal someone else’ parking spot. While my husband was patiently waiting for the car that occupy the spot to back off nicely, right after they left, this man just zoom from behind our car and make a sharp turn to enter our spot! He did it so fast; we did not have time to react but just watched. What funny was… that man drove so fast that he actually crashed the wall of the parking lot right in front of us!!! We never stop laughing that day…..

Third story just happen yesterday. I went to pick up my son from school at 3.30 PM. To get to my son’s school, I have to pass a school area. As you know, the speed limit in that area is only 30 km/h. There was a car behind my car; I did not see the driver well this time, which follow my bumper so closely. Yeah… I bet all of us has experience this right? He really made me nervous because the distance between my bumper and his was maybe only 1 meter!

Since I know I did not do anything wrong and plus I know many times there is a policeman who stay and watch in the school’s parking lot area. I just kept my speed the same. Every time I check my mirror, that car is still so close to my car. The last time I check, the car was far behind my car. I check again and the car is still on the same spot since the last time I look. It turn out that the car was dead. Now the car that was so impatient to push me forward was being honked by 6 other cars! Now who’s nervous???

It’s entertaining when justice come so fast…. Or karma….It’s rare but when it does… savor it till the last drop….

Comments

Popular Posts