She Had Her First Fever

Pic: Listless

Poor baby, my little baby just had a bad week. First she can not stop throwing up anything that she ate or drank until there was nothing left in her tummy. Then we took her to her doctor and he told us she had a virus that comes from drinking her bath water by accident. Well... you know that Indonesia is a third world country right? Water here are not safe at all!!!

The doctor gave her medications that help to stop her from throwing up. He also warn us that she will have mild grade fever for 5 days and diarrhea. For some reason she did not have diarrhea at all but she had a high grade fever, around 38.5 till almost 40C ! Pretty scary. What was unusual, even with that high fever, she still wanted to eat and drink nonstop! Her eating habit still the same, but she is a lot quieter than usual. Her sleeping habit is almost the same too, just a little more which is very good because she can rest more.

Her fever turn to be more than 5 days. It is true that for 5 days she has high fever but after that for the next 2 days her fever still range between 37.8 till 38.1.

We tried to hold on and not rushing her directly to the lab for a blood check because she is very very scared with doctor ( she cried every time she saw a stethoscope ). We hope because her apetite is still the same her sickness is still not dangerous enough. But this IS Indonesia after all and we have a lot of cases of dengue fever and typhoid so at the end we have to bring her to the lab.

Poor....poor....baby.... she was so traumatize by the experience! She struggle with all her might while I have to hold her down on the bed. She screamed and screamed until her whole body from the tip of her head till the tip of her toes turn bright red!!! She screamed until she lost her voice!!! And all the while the nurse because she was so stressed out keep missing LL's vein so she has to keep on poking her with the needles few more times ( at least 3 times).

We went to the lab early in the morning. That day when LL took her nap, suddenly she woke up from her nap screaming and screaming hysterically and nobody can calm her down ( I was out working with R ). Luckily I came home very soon. I found her screaming wildly and I can even hear her from outside. I ran inside and I hold her and I tried to calm her with my whispers and my singing. She hugged me so tighly and keep sobbing. Oooh... her sob really broke my heart because she is not just crying because she doesn't want to sleep. Everybody can tell she is really traumatize by the nurse who took her blood test. She is so scared .

So I hold her and because she is still tired both from her cries and from her sickness she fell asleep while I rock her gently. But even then, her arms were still around my neck the whole time. She really needed me to give her the secure feeling that was lost. I tried hard not to cry too because I really wish that it was me who has to be tortured like that instead of her.

I would gladly give my life for her. I almost did when I gave birth to her and I am not scared to repeat that again as long as she can be happy and healthy.

KK knows that I love him more than my life too. I have paid the price when I gave birth to them and he knew it. I also told him that I love him more than my life all the time. What ever happen, I will always love them.

On the same day that LL had her blood checked, it was also the same day when she broke her fever....

I wish I would never bring her to the lab ... I wish I have more faith ...

Pic: Her father likes to read bible verses to her and her brother anywhere when he has the chance to do that. Sometimes in our bedroom, sometimes at his office and sometimes in the car.

Pic: She did not even have energy to look at the view outside.
Pic: She finally fell asleep. She couldn't even stay awake.



NOTE: She still woke up several times at night time and cries even until last night.

Comments

Popular Posts