4 Days And 3 Nights In Batu at Klub Bunga Resort

Last week, KK's school was off because they have spring break holiday too. We have planned weeks earlier that we would go to Batu, a small town on a mountain, about 3 hours drive from Surabaya. My mom is the one who made the arrangement and she made a reservation for 2 suite rooms in Klub Bunga Boutique Resort.

Pic: The view from my balcony at 5.30 AM

I personally never been to Klub Bunga but my parents both have stayed there before and they like that place. Now I know why they like this place. After spending 4 days and 3 nights there, both kids ( and their mommy ) don't feel like going home! That place offer so many facilities and activities! Here are their list:
  1. Squash
  2. Basket Court
  3. Tennis Court
  4. Beach Volley
  5. Indoor Tennis tables
  6. Billiard Center
  7. Games room
  8. Karaoke & Disco
  9. Library ( I love it!!!)
  10. Jogging Track ( my father went walking 2 - 3 times a day while he was there! )
  11. Lagoon Pool ( cold water )
  12. Fitness Center
  13. Therapy Massage Pool ( warm water with many jet water spray and other water exercise system )
  14. Spa
  15. Massage
  16. Sauna
  17. Children Playground ( outdoor )
  18. Baby Sitting Playground ( indoor )
  19. Fishing ponds ( 3 ponds )
  20. Beautiful Gardens with a maze right in front of my balcony ( the name Bunga means flower in Bahasa Indonesia )
  21. ATV, the starting age to ride this motorcycle is 7 years old.
  22. Gun range ( we are not interested at all! )
  23. Wireless Internet access ( something R can't live without ! )
Pic: View from my parents' suite room

Pic: Lagoon Pool at our hotel

If those facilities do not satisfy you, you can certainly go out and visit the local recreational areas such as Selecta, Songoriti, and the newest one that is only a few minute walk from Klub Bunga is Jawa Timur Park. We visited all of these places too.

Selecta and Songgoriti are both old recreational areas that I grew up with, my return to there are for sentimental reason to see where I used to go when I was still a child.

At Selecta, they have several large aquarium and you can buy fish food and feed them. We bought 2 bags, one for LL and the other for KK. While KK doesn't like to touch the fish that much, LL is the opposite. My little girl loves animal very much, she just directly put her hand into the water and start stroking the big fishes like they are cats! She loves them and she is not scared at all!



Video: Here you can see the beginning when LL start to touch the fish, later she will be even braver in touching the fish, at the end of this video you can see me looking worried if the splash blurring my camera. After this, I change to my Olympus camera that can be use underwater!

Pic: A Buddhist statue at Selecta.



Pic: This is the kind of fish that LL loves to touch in Selecta.

Pic: The first one doesn't want to stop touching the fish, and the other one gave me a sour face when I asked him to touch the fish.



At Songgoriti, we stayed only a short time because their biggest attraction is the water park but none of us bring our swim wear and plus, brrr.... it's too cold, we rather swim at our hotel's pool that has warm water. But I force R and KK to try their boom boom boat that the machine died while they are in the middle of the lake!!! Luckily they are rescued pretty soon by the maintenance man. Then we switch to the pedal boat, safer... This time I rode it with them.


2 times also we went to Malang, a city near Batu to eat lunch. Both times at Chinese restaurant. For some reason we feel rice in Malang taste sweeter than in Surabaya. Weird. What I know is that the water quality in Batu is a lot better than in Surabaya because they have spring water for their water source.


Video: My baby can acting as silly as her older brother now.

We also went for the first time to Jawa Timur Park. Since it's located pretty much next door to where we stay, we went there the last one. Actually this place is big but we cut it very short because my mom is tired easily now.


This place actually is pretty big but since we did not go to a lot of places I can't show you much in term of pictures and words. What I like at this place is that by the end, when you want to go out, they force you to take a long way out by making you walk around hand craft stores , then followed by garden stores, then fruit and vegetables stores, and at last pet stores. As far as I remember, Batu is known for their apple orchards, wild strawberries and blackberries ( they are tiny but tasty ) and their bunnies! Yes I still remember my fond memory of stroking tens of cute bunnies in the market! I wasn't disappointed this time when I found that Batu stays the same. They still produce a lot of apple, and bunnies. Again, LL going wild wanting to touch every single bunny rabbit she can see. KK is just so-so with them, he did touch them but not as lovingly as LL. She really loves animal ! Oh yeah, forgot to mention that this park has a small aquarium where again LL touch the big turtles and wanting to kiss all those fishes including the piranhas. They have birds zoo too but we did not go there. And children petting zoo.

Pic: Who can stand not to touch these cute faces???

Pic: Our loyal driver, Djo lifted up LL so she can touch the bunnies again.

From what I know, we miss going to the hot spring and the apple orchard. Near to our hotel there is another hotel called Kusuma Agrowisata Hotel, I heard from my mom that if we stayed there we can eat all the fruits in their fruit orchards!

From my research about Kusuma Agrowisata Hotel, I got this info:

Agrowisata APEL

Agrowisata BUNGA

Agrowisata KOPI

Agrowisata STRAWBERRY

Agrowisata SAYUR

You'll find relaxing or walking around in :
Apple, Orange, Strawberry, Coffee Plantation.

Feel a thousand Flowers in Green House.
Pick up Apple or Orange fruit direct from Hotel Plantation, you can be deeply enjoyable. Taste Strawberry fruit direct from our garden and relaxing in "Kusuma Strawberry Cafe".

Choice your fresh favorite Vegetables with our hydroponics technology and can be cooked directly. See the beautiful of Coffee Plantation.

They sounds good aren't they? Maybe next time then ...

So now that I have very quickly telling you our story at Selecta, Songgoriti, and Jatim Park and even giving you a bit of information on Kusuma Agrowisata Hotel. Let me tell you what we DID on our own hotel...

For my father, he did what he loves best, fast walking on the jogging trail of this hotel. He loves it so much that he did it at least 2 times a day! And that did not include pushing a stroller and carrying LL around up and down the hill!

For Richard, he loves to play with his laptop while sitting near the pool with a cool breeze keep coming onto his way. He said this is the first time he did not sweat at all since he came to Indonesia! Hahaha...poor guy...but I agree with him! He also loves to swim on the Therapy pool ( warm water ) or just sit at the jacuzzi.

For me, I am the total opposite from Richard. When he is on vacation, he prefer to be a total sloth. He like to sleep and wake up late and pretty much do nothing that is stressful or tiring. Me? While at home I like to relax more than him, when I am on vacation, I want to go and see EVERYTHING!

Now, this is the beauty of this place, we can all do what we like to do....

See here, while R sit and playing with his laptop. I took both kids with me. I took LL to the babysitting room to play. Then I took both kids to swim together in the warm pool. LL just go crazy with the water! She always loves her bath time, and this is just like bath time for her too. She is not scared at all with the water, she even scared me when while I carried her on my waist, suddenly she dip her face into the water and come out sputtering because she just found out that she can't breath in the water! She did it because she saw KK swim and dive in the water and she wanted to do the same! Amazingly while other kids might cry, she just laughed! What a cutie! We swam every day there!

Then I took KK to walk and observed the nature at the garden and for the first time since I came home I can take pictures again in the garden/park !!! Hallelujah !!! Both me and KK miss it so much !!!

Then we all play at the playground too, for the first time LL sit on my lap at the swing chair and she just couldn't stop giggling when the wind blows at her hair. I showed the kids a big mountain spider, about 5 cm in size. That ought to impress the kids, hahaha...


Then I took KK to fish, the hotel provide us with the rod and the bait for free but if we get the fish, they will measure them by their species and their total weight, then we pay for the fish. The price we pay is already include the cooking cost. That's a wishful thinking because for 2 days, I repeat, two days !!! None of us can get fish big enough to eat!!! The first day we got none. The second day which is our last day there, even Richard went with us yet we only caught about 10 baby fishes!!! No bigger than 5 cm in length. So we end up giving them to the cats that never stop pestering us since beginning with their meowing.



Pic: My tiny little fish ...

For our morning entertainment, every morning the doves from the bird house that is located just below our room's balcony always come to visit. I think maybe because my room is the nearest to them, most of the people who stay in that room must have feed those birds, so as soon as the birds know that the room is occupied again, they come and wait for us to feed them. They are so tame until they don't even mind when we gently hold one of them so LL can stroke it's soft feathers. We feed them with breads.

Pic: KK feed the birds early in the morning.



Pic: (LEFT) KK pretend to be a chicken, (RIGHT) LL on a swinger at the baby sitting room


This story is not complete without a bit of food photos that we ate in the hotel. So here I include 4 food photos.


Now I also include the photos of all kind of flowers that I saw in that hotel.










Comments

Popular Posts