Separation

Since my son was born, I almost never leave his side. The only occasion that I had to leave his side was the time when I had to have C-section twice to abort our babies from Spina Bifida. Beside that the longest I have been separated from him was when he has to go school.

This time will be the longest time that I will separate from my baby and I felt so bad. I believe that he will doing just fine with his father with him. But that doesn't lessen on how bad I feel. I think it is harder to me than to my son. I guess that's the lot of being a parent.

The reason why I stayed behind while my family went back is because it was my husband idea for giving me a break. He told me that I can stayed 2 weeks longer so I can have my first holiday ever and also because he knows how much my mom missed me. He is right off course because once my husband moved out from my bed, my mom jumped in and became my roommate, hahaha !

Tonight their flight was close to midnight so we still have a full day today. We started with going to see Wiwi in his family factory. His family factory made agriculture machineries and it's the oldest one in Indonesia. The factory is so vast that we need to ride golf cart to see it and it is still expanding. Actually, the reason is not to see the factory even though we did since my husband never been there. I had many times before since Wiwi is my fishing buddy ! He used to have several very large fish pond there where when we failed to catch fish somewhere else, it is nice to boost our ego again by fishing here in the factory where guaranteed you will catch some fishes. Now, instead of fish pond ( maybe he still has it, I am not too sure since this place is huge ) he has crocodile, exotic birds, cows, wild boar that he mate it with Bali pigs and now he has many pigs/boar. His father for his donation and his help for Indonesian's agriculture community was given special deers that only the President has it in Taman Bogor. It's a special breed. Now they are running loose in this factory and their number is increasing. Once in a while they die because too old, and not to waste anything, uncle Tek Sen will BBQ them and invite us to eat. This family is good with cooking wild games because they loves to go for hunting. While uncle Tek Sen retired from hunting, his son, Wiwi still doing it. He goes to the forest hunting for wild boars very often. And Ming Ming before he gets married, he used to go to Mount Bromo to sleep overnight in his sleeping bag with only carrying his knife. He joined the Navy Rescue team before where they dropped him in the sea from Helicopter. And he did it just for fun. Huh ! Life is always exciting around this family. I forgot to mention that the mother used to drive for rally in one car and Ming Ming in the other car while Wiwi, the mechanic of the family, follow them close by in his mantainance truck ! What did the father do? He sit next to his wife off course , hahaha. He said his wife is the best driver in the world. He still sit next to her now. I have so many stories about this family. All of them are good.

Back to my own family, we went to the factory today because knowing that my son loves antique cars and monster truck, Wiwi invited him to show him his father antique cars and his own monster truck. Uncle Tek Sen loves for antique cars is legendary. And with his connection with the Indonesian government, he was given our first President Sukarno's cars for a gift from President Suharto. He has 3 of Sukarno's cars. This kind of hobby doesn't come cheap. He employed several mechanics to fix his antique cars. He used one car's body and another car's engine to make one car. Sometimes he neeeds more than 2 cars to make one whole antique car. Wiwi also employed some mechanics to always fix his monster truck because he loves to drive them off road where the car will roll over several times and that usually breaks some part of the car and they need fixing. They also employed some people to take care of their private zoo.

While we were there my son is like in heaven. He can sit and pretend driving those antique cars, then the monster truck. Wiwi showed him how loud the truck is. Then off we go to see the zoo, you can even pat the boar, they are very tame. Just don't pet the crocodie though. The deers mostly stay away from us. Wiwi also showed us the over 100 yrs old house that his father brought pieces by pieces and then reassemble in this office just so he can take his clients to have traditional Indonesian dining experience by sitting on the floor of the house. Again he has to employed some people for this project.

In a country where people still do not understand about environment, Uncle Tek Sen has been doing it forever. In fact the water that his factory used are being filtered again by their own water filtration system to create pure clean water that they just send back to the sewer. Their sewer system is so clean that so many fishes can live and breed there. He also used the bacteries that being produced by the cows and boars to make sure that the ecosystem stay balance. He has been invited so many times to give speech about this whole thing about this.

After a fun and educational tour in this office then we were invited to have lunch with them. What a great day today.

Later today, my family all come by to say goodbye to my husband and son. Time really flies and the next thing I know it was time for my husband and son to go to the airport. Since I know I will cry I chose to stay behind. I already prepare my son weeks ahead about today. So he knows that his mama wouldn't come with him. Later I heard from my husband that he was so good in the airplane, he fell asleep all the way to Taipei and only woke up when my husband put him on his bed in Taipei.

I missed my son and my husband very much.

Posing with uncle Wiwi and some of Grandpa Tek Sen's antique cars collection. Posted by Hello

Uncle Wiwi teaching us about the way antique cars mechanism work. Posted by Hello

Toot Toot, this antique car is so fun ! Posted by Hello

My son driving the first Indonesian President Sukarno's limo. The car's tag is "Indonesian 1". How cool is that? Even though this car is made in 1950s, it comes with automatic window and seat adjuster. Just like cars now a days. Posted by Hello

Beside the limo that my son ride, these 2 black cars also belong to the President Sukarno, Indonesia's first President. Posted by Hello

Uncle Wiwi proudly show off his monster truck that is being fixed from too many rough and tumble in the field. Posted by Hello

My son with the mix wild boar and Bali pigs Posted by Hello

The Palace Deers. Posted by Hello

My son posing in front of the luxury boat. This company now is branching from only agriculture machineries into luxury boat. Posted by Hello

My son received a kiss from Granduncle Matthew. Posted by Hello

Then he received a kiss from great grandma Sarah. Posted by Hello

My son is so curious with great grandma's wrinkly hands. Posted by Hello

My son and his uncle Bayu. They have been playing together every day. Posted by Hello

My husband saying goodbye to Grandma Sarah. Posted by Hello

Comments

Popular Posts