Wine Appreciation Class



Having a foreign husband in my own native land really makes me have to keep thinking on how to entertain him. So when my cooking teacher told me that Ranch 99 is going to have a free wine appreciation class in English, I practically ran fast to sign up for both, me and my husband.

At first I thought that the French teacher who will teach us is a Surabaya local resident. But it turn out he is a wine company representative that came all the way from Bordeaux, French. He is very very young, maybe less than 25 yrs old and he is so nervous that I automatically feel pity that he has to stand in front of us and try to explain to us the basic explanation about how wine is made in heavily accent English.

We met an Australian lady whose son also goes to the same school as KK there and from her I found that I can join the Expatriate Women's Association of Surabaya ( EWAS ) because I married to a foreigner. Not bad huh? She said just the day before, EWAS had a dim-sum cooking class in Ranch 99, for their members only. That sounds like fun doesn't it? Maybe I will join this association.

Back to the wine class. The teacher let us taste 5 different wines. From red to white to champange and sparkling wine. For some reason I always get a little of wine only when they distribute the wine glass to everybody. R get twice than me. Weird....





Well, it was fun to take a class together, husband and wife. From the Australian lady who also join the Wine Club, she directed me to buy our liquers and wines from VIDA supermarket in Mayjen. Sungkono. We found that they do have a nice collection there and the price is cheaper too. I bought a lot liquers and wine there a couple days ago and for a bottle of Myers' Jamaican Rum, it cost me about Rp. 99,000 or US$ 10. Not bad I think ....



Comments

Popular Posts